Sunday 23 January 2011

'Slow down everybody, you're moving too fast' Jack Johnson

I've long been bemused by what seems to be a paradox: the more I take time to meditate, rest, pray, breathe....the more work I seem to accomplish. It shouldn't make sense...yet it does.

This week I came across Deepak Chopra's book The Soul Leadership, where he focuses on, amongst other things, what Eastern spiritual traditions sometimes call 'nondoing'.....which is considered more powerful than 'doing'. I like the idea of non-doing, not in a lazy sense, but in a conscious, chosen sense, where the Universe, God's will, or whatever language you feel most comfortable with, is allowed to unfold, and not co-erced into being by our action. I know that this involves a degree of trust....and this is what I will be focusing on this week.

So if you see me just sitting...you will know that that I'm not bored or lazy or confused.....but that I'm practising the art of non-doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment