Saturday 1 January 2011

'If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.' Einstein

So... the New Year has been celebrated, I've walked around Gunwalloe and Church Cove and seen the crashing waves, felt singularly small, watched a manic puppy on the beach, came home and felt inspired to rustle up a cake.

Whilst I was doing it I was musing on my cake-baking and cooking skills generally. They could probably be summed up by the phrase 'joyous and messy'. And I realised that if I keep cooking the way I have done so far....I will always be a joyous and messy cook. So what if I want to change and keep the joyous bit but not the 'messy' bit, how would I do that? I remember Einstein's 'If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you always got.' SO I decided to do something different....and yes, I have baked a cake joyously....and the kitchen is tidy! The first positive change of 2011.

Thank you to Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall for his Date and Orange cake recipe in today's Guardian. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/series/hughfearnleywhittingstallonfood

No comments:

Post a Comment